Thursday, October 29, 2015

see kate sew Envelope Clutch

Hi hi!
I was reading up at Amy's Crafty Shenanigans today and she showed off her Calypso Envelope Clutch.  When she mentioned that it was a pattern from see kate sew, I clicked over and found Kate had a flikr group with photos from folks who've made up her pattern.
So, I needed a quick project that I could do - I am tired of chain piecing and this was a fun break.  I printed out the pattern and dug out a couple of fat quarters and enough fusible to fit the pattern (barely).  Here's my finished clutch without a button/closure.
 And the inside is a simple cream that matched the swirly asian print that I picked as my outer fabric.
Then, since I don't do button holes, yet, I decided I would try to do something different and used the scraps from my liner to whip up a little fabric flower.
What do you think?  I am thinking I should make a couple more - maybe in a coral and yellow, and put all three on the flap.  Then a magnetic closure.  What do you think?
Here's a little Lolly love.
woof woof meow

No comments:

Post a Comment