Thursday, October 29, 2015

Spring is here! (4/14/2014)

Hi hi!  I hope all has been well for everyone :o)  I took a very much needed break from the blog during the winter - there was so much going on!  I didn't stop sewing though and I hope to get you all caught up soon :o)
I'll start off with a little mosaic of what I did right before the holidays ramped up - tested blocks for Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Volume 8.  I started testing for them on Volume 7 and had a great time so when they asked for volunteers for 8, I jumped at the chance!  Here's what I tested with my group of testers:
Aren't these blocks fun?!  So many of them evoked different memories when I did them.  The top center, the ukelele and flowers, reminded me of our trip to Hawaii last Christmas and New Years - just me and Josh.  The one next to it, the hive, it reminded me of spending a couple of summers in high school at BYU's Provo campus going to Education Week with my best friend and her family.  The sunflower - my favorite flower.  The block right below it, the up and down arrows, reminds me of a horse blanket and riding a horse named Grouse bare back for hours on end as a little kid in the Northern California foothills.
Too much fun I tell ya!  The Tree of Love, I quilted up and sent off to Karin in Norway as a mug rug for a Valentine's Day mug rug swap over on iPernity and the red and black block was made twice because I think I know everything and refused to use the templates the first time around.  The first block got ripped up and sewn back together into another mug rug for a swap at my guild and is now happily in a black and red kitchen!
I've since tested for Volume 9 and will post those after the magazine comes out - can't wait, there are some great patterns in there!!!  I've got two customer quilts under my belt and two other baby/baby momma quilts finished since my last post, as well as a couple swaps and other fun things.  I'll be posting again!  
But until then, here is what I get to look at every morning.  A little pup love!
woof woof meow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment