Thursday, October 29, 2015

I JUST ... Finished a baby quilt top (6/14/2012)

I have a cadet who is welcoming a baby boy with his wife in July.  I wanted to make a baby quilt for him so I started looking on Quilter’s Cache for an easy block that would look special in a quilt.  I found Ranger’sPride and when I saw what it looked like with other blocks, I decided it would be a neat block to use.  The nursery colors are blue and brown so when I went to the Purple Frog Quilt Shop in Jefferson, I went to the batiks and found a great brown with blue in it and two blues that went with it.  I started June 2 and finished it last night, June 13.  I wish all the quilt tops I did look this cool and are so quick. 
I am going up to Diane’s to quilt it in a few weeks.  I’ve got a design in mind – I have been looking a lot at Leah Day’s website and The Green Fairy’s blog and want to try something other than an all-over quilt pattern.  I took the whole quilt and made a drawing of it in pen – no color, just lines – and then took a pencil and sketched in the designs I want to put in the quilt.  I hope it isn’t too busy or too much quilting for a baby quilt – but I want something that they’ll keep too.

No comments:

Post a Comment